Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Cardcaptor R/Y WS

 




Well, I finally got around to making my custom Weiss Cardcaptor Sakura set. I remember when the first announced the Clear Card set a few years ago. I didn't really watch the series, but I was very excited to see what they would do with the Sakura cards. I was of course disappointed when the set finally did drop and there were only 4 cards you could put in your deck. I told myself at the time I would try and make a deck that focused more heavily on the cards.

And now I've done it! Well sort of. I managed to finish all 55 or so cards, as well as a few characters and interactions to go with them. I slightly copied the format from lost decade, where you have item cards as events that you can "equip" to your players. They go to memory after use if you have a good field set-up, and back into your hand next turn so you can play them again.

I decided to try slightly different tactic. You send the clow cards to memory either by paying the cost to play them from hand or use the effects of some of the companion characters to get them in memory. I decided to use the Key staff as an event you can play to activate the cards that are in memory. This gives you a nice pool of effects to choose from to help you as you play. I wanted it to feel like you can adjust your playstyle on the fly and be ready for anything your opponent might play. I also made the key staff an event with a counter that goes to memory after play, then back to your hand on the next turn. So, if you get all 4 in your hand you can strategize on whether or not you want to play some on your turn to get an advantage or use them as counters to stop your opponent from getting their skills off.

I've been having a lot of fun play testing. Figuring out how many Clow cards I can fit into the deck and have it still run properly is my main focus at the moment. I will include a link to my google drive if you want to check out the cards. Feel free to print them out yourself or add the images to TTS and give it a test drive. If you're a fan of Card captors and you know how to play Weiss, I'm positive you will get a blast with this deck. enjoy~pyon.

CARDCAPTOR SAKURA CLOWCARD DECK


No comments:

This free script provided by
JavaScript Kit