Tuesday, March 22, 2011

More Comics!






Well another exciting day at work today^^ Spent most of it working on these character sketches for one of my new comics. I've actually been working on it for a while now. It falls under the manga category of senin (i think thats how its spelled) witch pretty much means Mature comics for men, and Slice of life. I've been really interested in this drama for a while and gotten to read alot of interesting titles. My fav. being the genre where a young mid twenties male who cant seem to get his life in order somehow becomes the legal guardian of a young girl usually aged 6-9. Theese storys are usually really good and reading the stuff they go through is always funny. My fav. being "Otaku-no Musume" in this one the main char. is a mangakas assistant and anime Otaku who finds out his girlfriend from Highschool had a kid and dident tell him about it, and now the mother is having some troubles and sent his daughter to live with him till things settle down. The main point in this series is that He is an anime otaku wich in japan is a big social no no, so his new daughter has alot of problems with him. Other good ones include "Usagi Drop", "My girl", and I did watch a j-drama called "Oh! My Girl" witch was really good.

Anyways Mine is about a Guy whos job I hadent yet desidid on uses a online adoption agency to adopt a child. He chooses a 6 yr old boy but when the ppl come to deliver its a 9yr. old girl. Kindof like a Big DaddyxAnne of green Gabels type situation, where the adoption agency says it will take a month to get things reorganized, and by the end of the month he has fallen for her and adopts her instead. Its taking me a while to come up with all the different situations they encounter. I know I want to use the fact that he was planning for a boy, that could be funny with school stuff. I also have a few things I want done but its just the getting it in writing that is my problem^^

Well thats all for now expect more sketches from this and the other story I'm working on. And look for my Dennis Baker SuperHero promo at free comicbook day-pyon

1 comment:

minterfresh56 said...

sounds like a good idea for a comic!! and the character is cute! i like her facial expressions.
the dramas you wrote about sound funny too. i might have to check some of those out!

This free script provided by
JavaScript Kit