Friday, March 9, 2012

Korean x Japan

Hey gang,
Got two more Dramas for ja.  I kinda wanted to have my button maker post ready for you all today, but the way things are going I may not finish that till tomorrow (forgot how long it took to color these things).

First up is Watashi ga Dekinai Riyuu ( The Reason I cant Find my Love).  Its actually been quite a while since I'd seen a Japanese Drama.  Its so easy to just watch Korean Dramas on Hulu Plus or Drama fever these days, having to download each episode of the Japanese shows has been a bit of a bother.  Don't get me wrong I love me some JPN stuffs, its just so easy to watch streaming shows these days specially since the quality's gotten allot better.

Anyhow this show stars Ogura Saki whom I'd seen before in other awesome shows like Love shuffle and Tokyo Dogs.  She stars with two other girls Oshima Yuko and Karina who was also in Love Shuffle.  The three live together in a house and talk about there constant love problems.  Which is basically what the show is about, there love struggles and how they deal with it.

I had decided to watch a Japanese show and picked something from the Fall season so I wouldn't have to wait for the subs.  I saw it had two actresses I'd seen before so thought I'd give it a shot.  Well I really liked it, i had almost forgotten how much I love Japanese shows, while Korean shows are good there is just something about Japanese shows I like that much more.  Not to mention the fact I've been watching regularly since 2005 or that I can understand more of whats going on with out the subs....  anyway there good.  If you have time check this one out.  You wont be able to just watch it on Hulu like you can with the Korean Dramas I blog about but its definitely worth the download.

The next show I wanted to Talk about was Shut up! Flower Boy Band. This show is pretty awesome.  It's another music drama like Dream High but its about a all boy rock band and how they become famous.  Actually the Flower Boy name is part of this thing where they have a contest to find attractive young men and then give them a show or something.  Last years winners where in the show Flower Boy Ramyun Shop, and while I didn't really like that show, Shut Up! Flower Boy Band is a great Drama.

Basically its about a group called Eye Candy whose school is about to close and they have to be transferred.  But before the transfer there leader and songwriter Joo Byung Hee played by Lee Min Ki falls for Im Soo Ah played by Jo Boa and starts calling her his muse.  It just so happens Soo Ah is a student of the school the boys will be transferred too.  But before anything can really happen Byug Hee gets hit by a car and Dies!  So now there second Kwon Ji Hyuk played by Sung Joon has to step up as the leader.  Well of course this and that happens and Soo Ah and Ji Hyuk fall in love but cant tell the others in the group because they refer to Soo Ah as Byung Hees Muse.

The show is currently Airing and I am really enjoying it.  While it is about a boy band they don't have allot of singing and dancing like Dream High did.  Its more of a love story and the band is just part of the characters background.  All in all I recommend it to anyone who wants to watch something good.

that's all for now pyons.

No comments:

This free script provided by
JavaScript Kit